Sunday, November 15, 2009

What would you do? I need help with outside Christmas decor!!!!

I have been doing the same decor outside for the holidays for the past 10 years. I need new ideas!!! I normally wrap the porch in pine garland with white and red lights and I have large peppermint candy lights that hang from the garland. I also have an alpine tree that sits on the porch that I decorate and place presents under.
I place lights on my weeping cherry in the front and on my picket fence. I have a set of 2 snowmen that sit in my flower bed that alight up. I need something different that will make people say "WOW".
I keep candles in the windows all year round. So ladies, what you would do??? I normally decorate thanksgiving weekend so I need ideas ASAP!!!
You can click on the picture to make it bigger.

3 comments:

  1. What about grapevine instead of pine garland and just white lights to go with the candles in the windows. I like to keep mine very simple and have all white lights. Sometimes a little says alot!!
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is adorable!I would put icicle lights on the peaked roof and front porch. And still put the lights on the cherry tree because you need light in that corner. Then I would put a wreath on each window, a small one on the upstairs, a big one on the window below, and two small ones on the windows on by the front porch. And instead of wrapping the porch in evergreen, just swag it on the railings and put big bows where it connects. Do the same thing for the picket fence. Hang two kissing balls from the porch(between the pillars). On the big tree on the right, I would hang a big old sled(like a radio flyer) that has some evergreen and a big bow on it. You could even put a spot light on it to add light to that side of the house.
    I would keep the tree on the front porch, but put the red and white lights on that, maybe even the candy cane lights if they are small enough. Maybe even take the two big chairs off your front porch and put them in front of the big tree on the right and put some greenery and winter berries on them(like in an old basket or big metal bucket) and you could put the snowmen there too.
    You didn't say if you were trying to reuse what you have or if you wanted to buy new stuff, so I'm trying to think of things to do with what you have(other than the icicle lights and some wreaths).

    I plan on decorating the week of Thanksgiving too, hubby took the week off so he can help me. I still have no idea what we are doing, but I'm trying not to spend any money, so I'm going to revamp what I have.

    I can't wait to see a finished pic of your house when you get it decorated! Have fun! and hopefully I gave you some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would decorate that picket fence under the side window with pine garland and maybe a big wreath and clear lights

    ReplyDelete