Saturday, March 21, 2009

As promised, a peek into my kitchen


My husband made the star shutters and the mustard corner cabinet.


He also made the saltbox house night light that is on top of the corner cabinet.
The doll was a gift from Twigs.


He is one that likes to garbage pick and found this old stove...and it works!!


When we bought the house, it had a BRIGHT blue marble counter top and back splash.
We covered the counter with ceramic tile and did waynes coat as a back splash.


I was a longaberger collector once upon a time.


This old scale belonged to my father.


Twigs gave me this tobacco ladder and the rusty kitchen items when I went to see her one year.


My husband also made this shelve that holds some redware pieces.

8 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen. I especially love the wallpaper and the stove. You've done a great job.
    Besy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Liz, my hubby and I made shutters exactly like that, years ago! I have them in the bath, kitchen and dining room!!
    Love your colors, beautiful Kitchen!

    Have a great weekend, Kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish my hubby was so handy! Your kitchen is too cool! Love the stove!

    Hugs,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Especially the shutters. I may have to try and make me some of those to go in my kitchen. The windows are so big and I think they would look nice in there. Thanks!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz, this is my first visit to your wonderful blog - it's adorable and YOUR KITCHEN IS SOOOO CUTE!
    Lucky you to have such a crafty husband (and one who WANTS to make things)
    Karen
    My Colonial Home Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz,
    I remember drooling over your kitchen in the P&R albums! I wanted shutters like yours and asked DH to make them for our living room! He was going to do it for me but we got a new couch and the back is high and comes up past the window and with the layout of our living room, the couch always has to be in front of one of the windows so we couldn't use the shutters :( One day I will have them! LOL

    I love your kitchen and the other rooms of your house that you have shown :)

    Have a great day!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mind if I become one of your followers?
    I love what you have done to your kitchen, and as I am browsing through the rest of your posts I see that you and I enjoy the same type of decorating!
    I'm glad that I came across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The cupboards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete